Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Extra credit post

                 I am going to talk about music. Not to be super straightforward, but honestly I thought I should just get it out in the open right away. Personally, I love music, and one day I hope to one day produce it. But enough of that, what I wanted to talk about in this blog post is how music AFFECTS us. I have three specific points to make here actually. Music inspires, relates to, and interests us. Now, let’s expand on those points in the form of paragraphs!

                To put it simply, Music is inspiring. When I write any of my essays for English class, you can bet that I am going to be jamming out to something while I do it. Pure silence is in its essence boring, and putting something, anything to add some background noise will add to anyone’s productivity. It gets the creative juices going so to speak, since music is so based in creativity itself.

                The easiest way to connect to people is to relate to them in some way, and make them invest. Music is a universal concept. Rich or poor, intelligent or ignorant everyone knows music and appreciates it in one of its many forms.  In psychology, they say there is actually a part of the brain that is for understanding music, which means this understanding comes naturally to all of us. Isn’t that awesome?

                And lately, music is interesting. It’s why most of the time you can catch me listening to my iPod in class or while I do my work.  Lyrics can have so many different meanings, and leaving them up to interpretation actually makes us use our brains, unlike television which just tells you things and will turn your brain into mush.  It makes us think about concepts like love, war, joy, drugs and countless other things that are fundamental in everyday life.

                And there you have it. I may have rambled on for a bit, but my point still stands!  To me, Music is a fundamental and natural part of human society, that effects us every day in too many ways to count. All I did here was explain some of them, and give whoever is reading this some things to ponder.

No comments:

Post a Comment